A lot of my current staff hired to help this summer to meet the post-COVID travel surge is going back to school soon and I am looking to hire again. I am posting this to our clients first to see if you know anyone looking for work in the boarding/daycare business…I always prefer personal recommendations to cold call applications. The hours I’m looking to staff and a short job description is below. Please feel free to forward.
Interested parties should provide a resume to email@example.com and include the hours they are available/willing to work.
- Mon-Sun 6:30am-2pm (end time will vary based on workload)
Canine Campus Pet Resort is currently searching for Part-Time personnel to help care, feed, and exercise our boarding and daycare dogs. If you love the company of dogs and cats, don’t mind cleaning and are physically fit, this job is for you. You will be responsible for ensuring our animals’ mental, emotional and physical needs are being met effectively and safely. Duties include monitoring and cleaning up after dogs, feeding, providing medication, exercise, setting up food and medication, cleaning rooms, and other kennel related chores.
- Must be able to take initiative and possess problem solving skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task, with a high attention to detail
- Willingness to learn procedures and follow them daily.
- Have positive can-do attitude and strong work ethic
- self-motivated and a team player.
- Highly reliable and hard working
- Able to work successfully with a team as well as independently.
- Must have reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license
- 18 years of age and legal citizen.
- Clean background check
- MUST work weekend and holiday shifts (these are our busiest times)
Applicants must physically be capable of doing the following work (this list is not all-inclusive, but only a representation of the physical demands of the job):
- lifting & moving items up to 35 lbs
- standing for long periods
- walking for long periods
- manually and mechanically scrubbing walls/floors/rooms
- controlled walking and handling of dogs up to 150 lbs
- shoveling/raking/moving pea gravel, mulch, snow & ice
- being outside in all WI weather for 4-6 hours (with some breaks) for exercise periods
- handling cats
- Bathing all sizes of dogs
There is an initial probationary period (will vary from 30-60 days depending on number of shifts worked)– applicants must successfully complete the required training program and all of the on the job requirements for permanent hire. Starting wage is $9.50, with a raise to $10.00 once the probationary period is successfully completed.
Added benefits: free boarding & daycare for your pets, Simple IRA (if parameters met).
Job Type: Part-time