As I briefly explained last month, we have implemented a new kennel management software at Canine Campus called ProPet. The transition from the old to the new system has gone fairly well, with only a few minor glitches along the way. We are ready to launch the second phase of the implementation and I want to take a few minutes to explain this in a little more detail.
There are a couple pieces to phase II:
- Launching our a la carte menu
- Introducing new bulk packages for daycare and revised packages for aqua paws
- Launching the client portal
The official effective date for the a la carte menu and the bulk packages is 17 July, although we have started some gradual implementation already. If you would like to update current reservations with any of these changes, please contact us and we will update your booking. Additional information on the ala carte and bulk packages are included at the end of this message.
Access to the client portal will be staggered over the next few months. Although we have detailed instructions written and have tested out the portal with a couple of clients, we anticipate there will be questions as you start to get familiar with the Propet program. We want to have time to respond to each of you so we are going to stagger the invitations to log into the system. We will stagger clients as follows:
- Regular daycare clients
- Boarding clients with reservations prior to labor day
- Boarding clients with reservations from labor day – new years
- Aqua paw & new clients
- Current clients with no reservations in 2017
Your invitation email will include a link to the Propet site and a temporary password. Instructions will be attached to the email. Logging into the client portal is not mandatory, but if you want to use this tool, you will need to have a valid email address on file with us.
Thank you for working with us on this software upgrade and transition.
NEW PRICING AND A LA CARTE MENU
In the past, you had a choice of one or two 15 minute playtimes (second playtime was at an additional cost) for boarding, and daycare was automatically two 15 minute playtimes. Brushing was included as part of the second exercise. Please note that all prices listed below do NOT include tax.
- Boarding one dog one playtime $29.90
- Boarding one dog two playtimes $29.90+ 8.50=38.40
- Boarding two dogs one playtime $29.90 + 20 = 49.90
- Boarding two dogs two playtimes $38.40 + 25 = 63.40
- Day care one dog $26
- Daycare two dogs $26 + 10.50 = 36.50
We have restructured our new boarding and day care to only include one 15 minute playtime, but with the option to choose up to two additional activities per day to best match your dogs’ personal preferences. Brushing is no longer included as part of these activities.
- one room one dog $29.90
- one room two dogs $49.90
- Day care one dog $17
- Daycare two dogs $22.50
- Ala carte items $9
These ala carte items are:
- yard exercise (multiple dogs allowed from same family, reduced rate)
- Scent games (per dog, done individually)
- Cuddle time in room (per room, multiple dogs no extra cost)
- walk (per dog, done individually)
Each of these activities are 20 minutes and cost $9. Prices for more than one dog per family vary with the activity as noted above (price of $5 vs $9 for additional dog for certain activities).
- 1 boarding dog with an extra exercise per day: basic room rate of $29.90 + $9 = $38.90.
- 1 boarding dog with extra exercise & scent game: $29.90+9+9= $47.90
- 2 boarding dogs in same room with a cuddle time: 2 dog/room rate of $49.90+$9=$58.90
- 2 boarding dogs same room with extra exercise: $49.90+9+5=$63.90
- 1 daycare dog with extra exercise: $17+9=$26
- 2 daycare dogs in same room with extra exercise and cuddle time: $22.50+9+5+9=$45.5
These ala carte items can be added every day or scheduled intermittently during the boarding stay (for example, cuddle in room every day, but extra exercise every other day).
We also offer brushing and baths as ala carte items. The prices for these vary by size and coat.
Aqua Paws can also be offered as an additional ala carte item or as a bulk package. You have a choice of a 10 minute or 20 minute session. You will need to fill out a medical form for your dog to participate in this activity. These will not be scheduled more frequently than every other day and depends on availability of trained staff members.
If you purchase one of our daycare bulk packages (10 sessions), you will receive a 10% discount off the total price. The discount is only available if you purchase at least one ala carte item with it.
Note: You can book a one playtime daycare, however, there is no discounted package for this service.
Daycare (one dog in room) 144
Daycare (multiple dogs same room) 189
Ala Carte choices $
Yard exercise one dog 90
Yard exercise additional dogs (per dog) 50
Cuddle in room (by room – includes multiple dogs if in same room) 90
Scent games or walk (per dog – conducted individually) 90
Some examples (current rate shown for comparison only):
One dog + second playtime:
- Current rate $26. For 10 session: $260
- New rate $144 + $90=$234 (savings of $26)
Two dogs same room + second playtime:
- Current $36.50 x 10 = $365.50
- New $189 + 90 + 50 = $329 (savings of 36.50)
There are two packages available for aqua paws session. A package of five (5% discount) or a package of ten (10% discount). You can get either 10 or 20 minute sessions. The rates are as follows:
- 10 min – 5 sessions (18.52/session) = $92.60
- 20 min – 5 sessions (32.30/session) = $161.50
- 10 min – 10 sessions (17.55/session) = $175.50
- 20 min – 10 sessions (30.60/session) = $306.00